Wednesday, August 28, 2019

Reading Notes: Adam and Eve, Part B


(Treasure Chest; Photo from Pixabay)


-Talks about how Adam and Eve beg to br brought out of the dangerous place they are in
-Uses some long dialogue parts, but it doesn't help bring the characters to life; I think shorter dialogue would have been better in this instance
-Adam and Eve committed suicide to try and stop suffering
-God explains they were treated well & with grace, until they decided to break his commandment
-Adam and Eve beg several times to be set free
-God keeps a very calm and non-empathetic demeanor the whole time
-God then says he will take all the suffering and save Adam because he had admitted his wrong doing and asked to be forgiven
-The story doesn't cover much plot; I believe it could place more emphasis on the commandments; I think this story could easily be brought more to life, which is why I was so drawn to it


-Adam and Eve make an offering to God
-They used their blood as a sacrifice on the Alter
-They admitted their transgressions
-Less dialogue
-3rd person point of view
-Uses a lot of repetition when explaining what Adam did, and so God will then do too
-Adam was told his time was not up
-Adam made his first of many offerings to come


*Tried a new storytelling method: bullet points. I haven't decided if I am a fan of it yet or not, but I am trying to just try out new strategies each week until I find one I like*

No comments:

Post a Comment