Wednesday, August 28, 2019

Topic Research: Popular Princesses.. But French!


(Princesses; Photo from Pexels)

Story Idea 1:

For my first story idea, I think I could focus on a main theme of Princess Weddings.  If you have seen the movie Bride Wars, then I think I could do a fairytale story version of this movie.  It is about two best friends who want the same venue and day for their wedding, and they get engaged at the same time.  This would be a very interesting romantic comedy that could entail two french princesses getting engaged and married at the same time and the other princesses taking sides.  This type of storytelling would have majority dialogue elements to make the story really come to life.

Story Idea 2:

My second idea for a story of French Princesses would be the princesses competing in a French cook-off.  This could let me tie in the cookbook idea, and say that each princess was focused on making one meal, and give the symbolism of that meal.  This would allow for me to tie two subjects into one. This storytelling technique would be from the 3rd person perspective looking in and talking about all the Princesses.

Story Idea 3:

My last story comes from the story of Blondie, Bonne-Biche and Beau-Minon.  This story reminds me of the movie A Cinderella Story with Hilary Duff as the main actress.  I could do a story about how a young french princess lost her mom and her dad had to remarry; the dad then remarries a horrible lady who is awful to the daughter.  Then, the dad dies too and the young princess is left alone with her "evil step-mom", as she would call it.  Then, in the end, things turn around for the young french princess.  This is my least favorite idea because it is a tad generic, but I could see it coming to life if I made a few dramatic plot twists. 

Sources researched:

D'Aulnoy, Madame. SurLaLune Fairy Tales: The Fairy Tales of Marie-Catherine D'Aulnoy, 

No comments:

Post a Comment