Monday, August 26, 2019

Famous Last Words: Surviving Syllabus Week



(Assignment picture; Photo by The Blue Diamond Gallery)

Hello everyone!! I just recently finished the most stressful syllabus week... ever! Typically the stigma behind syllabus week is few assignments, lots of free time, lots of social time, and lots of time to sleep. All of these were not the case for me; each of my classes started getting deep into the material on the first day of classes and assigning homework due the next class period. I found myself incredibly stressed, building several to-do lists, and simply not thinking there was enough time in the day.  My thoughts for this week are to stay ahead of the game; I stayed ahead in this class, for the most part, but I need to continue to do that as well as in my other classes.  I let all my work build up until Sunday night, the dreaded "Sunday Scaries".  I was so overwhelmed with all the work I had to complete; I thought I wouldn't get it all done. This week will be different because I am going to use my time wisely and make sure I get things done ahead of when they should be turned in to relieve my stress at the end of each week. Another suggestion I am trying out this week for myself is to limit my amount of social time and time on my phone unless it is beneficial to the work I need to be getting done.  Last week I watched a lot of Netflix, and stayed up late with friends, which then caused me to sleep in more than I have ever slept in.  This week I need to focus on physical and mental health, to assure myself I am capable of all the things coming my way. Overall, senior year of college can be all fun and games, but you need to make sure you have time to settle down and get stuff done at the same time, otherwise, it will not be all fun and games.

No comments:

Post a Comment