Wednesday, August 28, 2019

Reading Notes: Adam and Eve, Part A


(Adam and Eve stained-glass window; Photo from Pixabay)

Reading Notes Week 3:

Story: The Fall, by Michelangelo

This story has always been interesting to me; even growing up in a Catholic school when we would read it.  This story has a lot of dialogue, and stuck out to me because I could make a huge plot twist in the story when I retell my own. The serpent is depicted as sly, deceitful, and convincing. Eve is depicted as very easy to push-over, and did not stand her grounds when she knew God had said not to eat the fruit.  The story places more emphasis on the dialogue AFTER Adam and Eve eat the fruit than emphasis on dialogue leading up to them eating the fruit. For my retelling of the story I would want to make Adam the one who gave in to eating the forbidden fruit as a plot twist to the well-known story. I would also like to change the point of view to be first person point of view, Adam speaking, instead of third person point of view.

Story: Creation of Eve, by William Blake

This story had less dialogue and more definitions/explanations.  It discussed how men and women are different, and why the formation of a woman is much more complicated.  This story used a very casual tone of voice, and also showed that everything God hoped women would not be, they ended up being in some way, more or less. This story is from a 3rd person point of view.

Story: Adam and Eve in Paradise

This was my favorite story to read because of the concept: the seven portals to pass in order to arrive in Heaven or Paradise.  This story did an incredible job of breaking up each portal and giving a good description on what needed to be done in order to get through the portal. The point of view is 3rd person, I think it would be cool to make it first person. The story is very well organized in chronological order of the portals.






No comments:

Post a Comment