Sunday, August 18, 2019

Time Strategies

After reviewing the Time Strategy resources provided in this assignment, two of the links stuck out to me most because they are ways I have been using to manage my time in the past.  The two sites I liked the best were Eat the Frog First Thing in the Morning, and The Psychology of Checklists. These articles were very useful because they helped remind me of the importance of the strategies I have been practicing.  I continuously keep checklists in my planner including due dates, meetings, and appointments.  There's no quite satisfaction similar to crossing something off a checklist, and I believe that is why I have become so productive while using my planner and checklists. It helps motivate me to get everything crossed off and to leave nothing left unfinished.  The strategy I sometimes struggle with is Eating the Frog First Thing in the Morning; I struggle with this because at times I will put it off until the very last because I want to complete all the little things first.  This has been an issue for me in the past because it causes me to get insanely stressed out and insanely behind.  My biggest time challenges this semester will be that I don't have classes on Mondays, Wednesdays, or Fridays; while this may sound like the perfect schedule, it will take a lot of self-motivation to get up on those days, on my own time, and get all my online homework done.  I will have to stop myself from sleeping in and being lazy on those days; those are the days I will need my checklists the most. Out of all time management strategies, the one that works the best for me will always be the checklists; they help keep me on track, focus on what needs to be done, and make sure everything gets done.


(Sand Timer Image by Nathan Bunney; Image from Pexels)

No comments:

Post a Comment