Monday, August 19, 2019

Learning Challenge: Deskercise

For this learning challenge I decided to look at the articles discussing "Deskercises".  I chose to do this one because I am constantly getting back and neck aches from slouching too much while studying or doing homework at my desk.  During this past summer, I had my internship in Tulsa, OK, and they used standing desks.  I thought the standing desks would be more helpful in preventing my muscle aches and soreness, but I was proven wrong.  I found out I have a very poor standing and sitting posture. I believe I could use these deskercises whether I am standing or sitting. Today I had to study five hours for my GRE test coming up in October, and I found these very helpful in keeping me flexible instead of remaining stiff the whole time.  My favorite exercises, of which I will continue to use throughout this semester (especially during dead week), are the Back workout, Shake it up, and Shoulder and Neck stretches.  I got these exercises off of the article called "Deskercise: 17 Exercises You Can Do At or Near Your Desk," and I have already bookmarked this page for further use.  Thank you for the learning activity! I hope you find it interesting as well!


(Girl Performing Hamstring Stretch; Photo from Pixnio)

No comments:

Post a Comment