Sunday, August 18, 2019

Madeleine's Storybook Favorites

Hello everyone! Today I will be reviewing three of my favorite storybooks I found, and providing you with a link to each one in case you would like to do some further reading about it!

The first storybook I really enjoyed looking at was called Suitor Tests.  I really enjoyed this storybook primarily because of the layout/design.  It had different sections labeled Intro, Something Old, Something New, Something Borrowed, and Something Blue: the classic components of a wedding fairytale story.  The organization of the page made me aware of what the storybook was going to be about since the labels were very well recognized universally.  Another thing I particularly enjoyed about this storybook was the introduction; it used a style of specific story telling to set the scene for the rest of the storybook. The tone was one of apprehension, hurry, and worry, and it drew me in wanting to read the rest of the storybook.


(Rose Blue Flower from Pixabay by GLady; From the
storybook discussed above) 

The second storybook that caught my attention was called Real Housewives of Happily Ever After.  This one specifically caught my attention because of the title. I watch all the reality shows about the Real Housewives, so I thought it was a pretty creative/unique title for the storybook in combination with the fairytale "Happily Ever After".  The physical layout of the storybook caught my eye because of how sophisticated it looked.  The titles included Happy Hour and First Class; the names drew me in, and the pictures used help enhance the titles and the content that was included.  I would want to do something like this for my storybook because of how pretty, clean, and sophisticated the layout was.  Overall, I enjoyed reading the content of the storybook too because it went perfectly with the titles that labeled it.  The content was very well written too. 

The third storybook I want to discuss is called Love at First Retweet.  This was by far one of my favorite ones I read because of the modernization of the storybook. Twitter is so popular in our day-and-age so this was a very creative title to use in order to draw in the younger generations and connect it to something they greatly enjoy.  The comedic and sarcastic intro also was a factor I liked about this storybook. I am a very sarcastic type of humor person, so this is something I would also like to use in my storybook.  The post also greatly discussed love, and that is another thing I hope to make my storybook about because I am so into everything having to deal with love.

Overall, this activity was very entertaining for me, and I hope you all follow these links if they interest you as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment