Wednesday, August 14, 2019

My Favorite Places: Paris, Dubai, & Florida

Throughout my childhood I constantly would look up "Coolest places to go on vacation", and would write them down in an ongoing list I had in my notebook.  Once I started to grow up, I narrowed that list down to three places I want to visit in my lifetime: Paris, Dubai, and Florida.  I believe each of these places holds its own true beauty. So far, I have had the chance to go to Dubai (once) and Florida (many, many times). Unlike the other two, Paris is the one I have yet to visit, but it in the near future for my plans!!

First, I've longed for a trip to Paris since I was 5.  I have always wanted to get a picture in front of the Eiffel Tower. Although I haven't actually been yet, I know it will be one of my favorite places once I get the chance to visit. A trip to Paris is my graduation present this coming spring, so I am more than excited to embark on that journey.


(Paris, France: Wikimedia Commons)

Secondly, I got the amazing opportunity to visit Dubai two Thanksgivings ago with all of my cousins. That trip was truly unforgettable; the pictures and stories I gained from there will stay with me forever. We took many tours, took many photos, tried way too much food. The environment there is nothing like I thought it would be; I had no idea how incredibly expensive it would be. 


(Dubai: Personal Photo from November 2017)

Lastly, Florida will always hold a special place in my heart because it was where my family went every summer for family vacation.  It gave us a chance to meet up with all of our extended family and cousins. There is never a dull moment when we all go on vacation to Florida. We have tried many different places to stay there such as Panama City Beach, Pensacola Beach, and Destin Beach.  Out of all of those, we continuously choose Destin over and over again because of the white sandy beaches and our most favorite restaurants.  


(Destin, Florida: Wikimedia Commons)

2 comments:

  1. Oh, what a cool list of places to visit in the future, Madeleine! And of course this class is a way that you can visit Paris AND Greece AND Africa this semester... thanks to the magic of stories! I actually spent the summer working on African and African American storytelling traditions, so I am hoping to make the Africa units in the UnTextbook even better by adding more notes to those stories based on what I learned this summer... now if I could just find a way to go to Africa. I've read all these wonderful stories from Ghana, for example: now I want to go see for myself! As for Paris: of course the French storytelling tradition is rich and beautiful, and maybe you will want to do a French project for this class. The writer who first coined the term "fairy tale" is a French writer named Catherine d'Aulnoy; if you are curious, here are her stories in English: The Fairy Tales by Catherine d'Aulnoy. With imagination, anything is possible, so maybe you and Madame d'Aulnoy could somehow visit Paris together! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Madeleine!

    I would like to visit Paris and Dubai! Have you visited Juno Beach in Florida? My family and I have been to Florida many times also, and we always go to Juno Beach! My extended family and cousins live there, so we try to go there every summer. You brought up a good point: traveling can be very expensive! On the bright side, great memories are made!

    ReplyDelete