Monday, August 19, 2019

Week 2 Reading Overview


Hello!! Here is a tentative plan for the reading I plan to do each week:

Choose from CLASSICAL and/or BIBLICAL units for Weeks 3 and 4.

Week 3: Aesop (Jacobs)

Week 4: Cupid and Psyche

Choose from MIDDLE EASTERN and/or INDIAN units for Weeks 5 and 6.

Week 5: Tales of a Parrot

Week 6: Ancient Egypt

Choose from ASIAN and/or AFRICAN units for Weeks 7 and 9. [Week 8 is review week.]

Week 7: Japanese Mythology

Week 9: Congo

Choose from NATIVE AMERICAN units for Weeks 10 and 11.

Week 10: Blackfoot

Week 11: Marriage Tales

Choose from BRITISH and/or CELTIC units for Weeks 12 and 13.

Week 12: Alice in Wonderland

Week 13: Looking-Glass

Choose from EUROPEAN units for Weeks 14 and 15.

Week 14: Crane

Week 15: Italian

For starters, it can clearly be seen that I tended to go towards planning to read any of the stories that involved fairy tales, love, marriage, relationships, etc. I have always had a liking for anything love related, which is why I feel these stories will all be particularly interesting to me throughout the weeks of reading. One of the specific readings I am really interested in is week 15: Italian.  I have always had a fondness for the Italian culture, and it will be really interesting to see some of the popular stories and fairy tales told in the Italian cultures' way.  I am curious as to whether or not any of the stories have to do with a little bit of psychology or mental health in a way; I know that is sort of a stretch, but I think that would be a great addition for any psychology majors looking for additional readings. 


(Fairy Tale Castle in Germany; Photo from Flickr)

I chose this image because I hope to focus my storybook project this semester on the topic of love and romance.  This picture shows a true fairy tale romance in front of a castle, what better way to depict my ideas for my future storybook? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment