Sunday, August 18, 2019

Thoughts on Semester Assignments

After reviewing the syllabus and the list of assignments for this semester, I feel pretty confident in all the work that we will be required to complete.  I really enjoy the flexibility of this class and how we each are able to make our own schedule for how we want to complete these assignments, along with being able to work ahead if we want/need to.  This class is unlike any other class I have had for that exact reason; all the other online classes would have deadlines each week, and then the classes wouldn't open the following weeks' assignments until the week of. In my opinion, that is a very stressful way to do an online class because it has such limited flexibility; for example, if I had 4 tests one week, and none the next week, I like having the flexibility to work ahead instead of overwhelming myself during that week of tests and having to get assignments done.  The assignment I am most intrigued by is the storybook semester project.  I am most intrigued by this because after looking at examples of other peoples' storybooks I got very excited to create my own.  The project seems like a very fun learning activity that will help enhance the growth mindset, and it will help us learn in a unique and different way.  Speaking of unique, I have never had a class where we have to write a blog post for assignments, but, I have to say, I am a big fan of it.  I have no previous experience with blogging, but I am really enjoying these assignments and seeing the layout of all my posts and thoughts; it is so much fun!! Overall, I am very excited for this semester.


(Flexibility Photo Collage; Image by Pixabay)

No comments:

Post a Comment