Tuesday, September 24, 2019

Week 8 Reading and Writing



(Apple; Photo from Pexels)

Hello everyone!! It's time for a reflection on the first half of this semester:

First off, I chose this apple picture from one of my very first story tellings because it is the story that helped give rise to my whole portfolio. This story was so much fun to write, and gave me the first idea to use the Gossip Girl point of view, which has been such a fun addition to every retelling of the stories I have done since. Without it, I'm not sure where my storybook or portfolio would have taken me.

Overall, these assignments are working very well for me and my schedule. The biggest thing I try to do is to stay at least a week ahead in all my assignments, so that if something comes up I will have leeway to relax and focus on something else for a bit.  My project website is something I am very proud of considering I have never taking any design platform classes or creative writing classes, so this is all new to me, and I am absolutely loving it. I have loved being able to use this class as a getaway from the everyday struggles of my other courses and have fun with this one.  My biggest accomplishment in my writing for this class is that I have learned to tap into my creative side. I have always been a very direct and analytical writer, so it has been interesting to watch the other side of me come out and actually enjoy it. My reading notes are what help me the most in my success I believe.  At first, I didn't think the bullet points would be all that helpful, but now, I realize they are the most helpful. Since they are so short and concise, I never have to worry about plagiarism, abdn I know that as long as I get the main plot down, I have a lot of room for creativity, which I highly enjoy.

Thanks for reading!!

No comments:

Post a Comment