Tuesday, September 24, 2019

Week 8 Comments and Feedback


(Feedback Cat; Image from Growth Mindset & Feedback)

To begin, when discussing feedback in, I believe I am receiving very helpful comments from my classmates.  The ones that seem to be most helpful are those that include a compliment sandwich, in my opinion.  This is where my classmate will tell me something they liked about my post, then suggest a change or something they didn't understand, and then finish up again with something they liked about my post.  This helps me to realize that they aren't criticizing me, but that they are only trying to help me better my writing as a whole.

Next, at first my feedback comments were a little too "nice" I would say because I just continuously complemented them on everything they did in their story, and none of the feedback was very constructive.  After reading some of my own comments I have received, I realize the WWW strategy has been the most helpful in creating my feedback comments now.

I'm looking forward to making my blog comments on peoples' introduction posts more personal. I say this because rather than saying what I have in common with the person, I hope to highlight and appreciate our differences. A way I could accomplish this would be if on each blog comment I wrote, I asked a question that that person could respond to, so I could further get to know them!!

No comments:

Post a Comment