Tuesday, September 10, 2019

Learning Challenge: Empathy Observation


(Empathy; Photo from Pixabay)

When it comes to observing empathy, one person stuck out to me the most in my observations: my dad.  My dad truly knows how to be empathetic to every person he comes in contact with.  For example, this past weekend, my dad was talking with me while I was home about some struggles he was going through financially and in his relationship.  I was helping him out with his issues, when my brother came in and started to talk about how he's having a hard time adjusting in college.  My dad instantly stopped talking about his own life and began to empathize with my brother.  This showed me that my dad will consistently put others before himself, one of the key parts of being empathetic. I could definitely learn from my dad in this case!!

No comments:

Post a Comment